Bill Hicks relentless part one
"Bil Hicks is a comedian who has joined the ranks (if posthumously) of Carlin, Bruce and Pryor. I was very much a Johnny-come-lately to his work, but having just discovered it at age 20, the appeal was instant.
On "Relentless," Bill Hicks attacks the guilty and self-righteous people who like to think of themselves as politically correct--especially those who disdain pornography, smoking and drugs to the most extreme extent--exposing them as the hypocrites they are...
When I first heard this album, I laughed so hard, I nearly stopped breathing. But I also became enlightened. " - amazon user comment
Quotes from Relentless
* People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" "Nothing." "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." "Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone?"
* I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I recommend you look around the world in which we live, and … I don't know, shut your fucking mouth?
* Non-smokers die every day. Sleep tight!
* See, I know you entertain some kind of eternal life fantasy because you've chosen not to smoke; let me be the first to pop that fucking bubble and send you hurtling back to reality – because you're dead too. And you know what doctors say: "Shit, if only you'd smoked, we'd have the technology to help you. It's you people dying from nothing who are screwed."
* And I'll tell you something too. That's starting to annoy me about UFOs, the fact that they cross galaxies or universes to visit us, and always end up in places like … Fyffe fucking Alabama. Maybe these aren't super-intelligent beings, you know what I mean?
* To my delight, I find that there is a different warning on each pack of cigarettes. Mine says: "Warning: Smoking can cause fetal damage or premature birth." Fuck it – I've found my brand! "Yeah, give me a carton of Low Birth Weights." Just don't get the ones that say lung cancer, you know? Shop around, find a disease you can live with. "What are you smoking, Dave?" "Throat Polyps. Want one?" "No thanks, I'll stick with my Yellow Fingernails."
* It's really weird how your life changes. Tonight I'm drinking water. Four years ago? Opium. Night and day, you know?
* Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.
* The rock stars today who don't do drugs and who in fact speak out against drugs – "We're rock against drugs!" – boy, they suck.
* You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight. Take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause you know what, the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your li...
in: Stand Up Comedy, Politics/ Society, Food/ Health/ Sports, Funny Monologues, Featured Clips, Random Observations, Bill Hicks